Monday, January 17, 2011

Pick my next "special ingredient!"

As the active part of my first brew is winding down, I'm beginning to prepare for my second brew. This month, it's reader's choice.

I will brew with the most upvoted (I'm ignoring downvotes) ingredient in this post on Reddit that meets the following requirements:

  •  Must be edible or "natural", so Fruity Pebbles or a type of wood is ok, but my ipod is not.
  •  Must be legal. As much as I'd like to experiment with certain substances, it's not worth my job or the risk of legal problems.
  •  Must not kill me. I'm not going to mess with the weird mushrooms you found in the woods.

If you are not a Reddit member, you need to sign up to participate. It should take less than 2 minutes and is pretty self explanatory. You don't even need to give your email address.

I'll announce the chosen ingredients here in a couple days. Thanks for participating!

2 comments:

  1. You could try something with syrup. I saw a winery that does something with it and I thought it would be perfect to ferment with because it's basically natural sugar (and delicious). You could try to add it to a stout recipe or if wines are your thing you can try that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you need to do is go get about 10 one-gallon jugs, and do ten different cereals. That way this blog is fleshed out with all sorts of fun information (and doesn't end up being ovaltinebeer.blogspot.com)

    love the blog!

    ReplyDelete