Friday, January 14, 2011

Homebrew Hotcakes!

In the spirit of doing strange things with beer, I thought I'd share one of my favorite breakfasts with you. As far as I know, my dad invented it, because I've never seen the recipe anywhere else. It's simplicity in itself. You take the recipe for hotcakes from the back of a Bisquick box, substitute beer for the milk at a 1:1 ratio and cook as instructed. The hotcakes tend to be a bit fluffier than usual and have a faint taste of beer. 
Breakfast of Champions!
My dad used to cook these for us 1-2 times/week. I sometimes wonder if I got my taste for beer from those breakfasts. The beer I used this week is a pumpkin ale I brewed a couple months ago. The pumpkin didn't come out in the hotcakes, maybe I'll add some pumpkin pie spice as well, next time. 

1 comment:

  1. I tried this with my own pumpkin homebrew and it was delicious. I've had it multiple times now.

    ReplyDelete