Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ovaltine beer tasting

Aroma: A mite sour. Ok, maybe a bit more than a mite. Slight chocolate aroma.

Appearance: Dark, dark, dark. One of the darkest brown beers I've ever. Surprisingly, and thankfully, it has none of the opaque "chocolate milk" look it did earlier

Flavor: Pretty tart and bitter, but then there's a nice chocolate/coffee taste at the end. It really makes me want to try with just the Ovaltine and none of the Whoppers. Maybe it could use some more hops, too, as I'm not really tasting any at all.

Mouthfeel: Feels like beer. I never know what to put for this.

Other comments: Nice amount of head, pretty good retention. It turned out more "beery" than I really expected. It's a shame about the sourness, because otherwise, it would be a real nice stout.

Overall: This tasted a lot better than I thought it would. I really enjoy the chocolate/coffee taste. I'll taste it again in a month or two, to see if the sourness has mellowed out at all.

She's obviously handing her mother that drink,
not drinking it herself. Yes.
Contest time! The label for the Ovaltine stout is to the right.

The first person to find and decode the message on it gets a bottle of the beer. Comment bellow with your answer, and an email address where I can contact you at.

Err, I mean of course, I'll send you a bottle of "yeast suspended in wort." Because no major postal service allows you to mail alcohol.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to drink your ovaltine!

    BeerIsDelicious on Reddit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ding ding! I'll message you later today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why would you give me this crap, I want nesquick.

    ReplyDelete